For this assignment, visit a public place where you can encounter a mix of believers and non-believers. Suggested locations might be a local park, sporting event, golf course, mall, fitness center, your place of work, a family gathering, etc. Then interview some of the people there.
Questions for Interview
- What have been some of your "good" and "bad" experiences with the church?
- What is the biggest problem with the local church today?
- If you were looking for a new church in the area what specific things would you look for in a church?
- Is it important to consistently attend a local church? Why or why not?
- How often, if at all, do you attend a local church? (average times per month)
Instructions for Paper
Write a 3-5 page paper reflecting on the following:
- Reflect on the answers people gave. What did you learn about how people view the local church today? How have personal experiences shaped their view of the church?
- Choose one problem with the local church today. Describe the problem and develop 2-3 specific ways that the church could address this particular problem.
- Choose one thing that people are looking for in a church today. Describe what they are looking for and 2-3 practical ways church leaders could address this need.
Submit your paper as a Word document to Canvas by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.